Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our Halloween night

The weather was SO NICE in Kansas City on Halloween night! As far back as I can remember, it's always cold in Kansas City on Halloween. I remember I always had to incorporate a sweatshirt or winter coat into my kids' Halloween costumes when they were little.

We don't have any little kids to take trick-or-treating anymore, they all grew up way to fast.

I had a feeling we would get a lot of trick-or-treaters because of the nice weather, so we made a little bon-fire and sat in the front yard to hand out candy.

My oldest son and his girlfriend came over and we cooked hotdogs over the fire.

That's my Sweet Timmy on the left and little Jack is sitting in my pink chair. You can see Peanut Butter down there sitting on the grass by my chair (under my son's raised arm).




Then we had s'mores. Mmmmm SMORES!!!! I must have ate about 20 fire-toasted marshmallows.

I was right, and by 7:30 we had already handed out eight bags of candy. EIGHT BAGS!!! ( I should have bought more)

It was really one of the nicest, most enjoyable Halloween's I have had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment