Thursday, January 12, 2012

DIY Ceiling fan pull chain

My ceiling fan pull chains are boring.

I have been wanting to spruce them up for a while now, and I finally got some big ceramic beads to make some better pull-chains.

I used wire to string the beads together.






I attached my beaded wire to the existing pull-chain by wrapping the top of the wire around the chain. The original pull chain bead that came with the ceiling fan slid up and out of the way. I wrapped the ends of the wire around the chain, and slid the bead back down over where I had the wrapped wire.




Close up of the decoration on the porcelain beads:



The smaller beads above the porcelain bead are wooden beads.


I love the way my pull chains look now, I think I'll work on sprucing up the rest of my ceiling fan chains!

No comments:

Post a Comment