Monday, October 3, 2022

DISNEY WORLD - 2022 - Day 2

 DISNEY WORLD  - DAY 2 - MAGIC KINGDOM DAY! 



Lisa and I had set our alarms for 7 AM. It was a beautiful sunny morning. 
Here is the view we woke up to from our sliding glass door/ patio. 
WOW! 





We both showered and got our backpacks packed for the park. I packed water to drink, a cooling towel, my umbrella and poncho, money, etc........


Before we left the resort, we walked around a bit. It is such a beautiful place. 









Tiki guys everywhere, and beautiful polynesian and Hawaiian music piped in all over the resort. 







In this picture with the firepit, you can see the boat launch where you can catch a boat to Magic Kingdom, or to the Grand Floridian Resort. You can see the Grand Floridian behind the boat dock







Upstairs in the Great Ceremonial House. 
The Monorail platform is on the 2nd floor. 





  Heeeere it comes! We get to ride in the pink one today :) 












I have no idea why I didn't take any pictures as we entered the park. I must have been too excited! 
Here is a stock photo of what it looks like just outside the gates. I just LOOVE the 50th Anniversary colors! The blue/purple with gold is fabulous!! 

Google Image




And just after you get inside the gates, you see the castle.

Amazing!!! The castle is breathtaking! 





                                                             

Here is my first picture of the castle. 




We had paid for the PhotoPass before we arrived at the park.. There are photographers all over the parks and at some of the resorts that will take pictures of you and then they link the pics they take to your account. Lisa and I spotted a photographer in front of the castle so we posed for a little photoshoot. 









Then we spotted another photographer beside the castle. 















They also do cute "Extra Magic" photos. 
Someone behind the scenes will add special things into your picture. 
Or is it done by computer? 

I guess it's part of the magic of DISNEY and I may never know how they do these photos.

I just love this one!
















After we played around at the castle for a while, we headed to Adventureland to ride Pirates of the Caribbean. 

I used my Disney App to sign Lisa and I up for this ride using my DASS Pass. The wait time was 45 minutes, so we were given a time to show up for the ride after we waited our 45 minutes. 

   



When we got to the ride, we were directed to go through the Lightning Lane line. 
We waited in line for about 10 minutes before we got to ride.

This is an indoor boat ride. The boats look like this:





As you ride in the boat, they play "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates Life For Me" and you look at the Pirate scenes as you ride by. The ride lasts about 5 minutes and is a Disney fan favorite! 


It's so hard to photograph indoors in the dark, especially while you are moving. I found an old picture of the ride from back in the 70's. The boats have changed but the scenes basically are the same. 




                                                                                Google Image



These next two are my pics. They are a little blurry, but the scenes are almost identical as the 70's pic above. Look at the 2 guys on the bridge. 






Of course, after the ride you will find Jack Sparrow outside signing autographs









I noticed as we walked around the park, when we got close to a golden statue, my Magic Band  Plus would light up and vibrate. 








We saw Tigger running around. He was so cute!!! 







And Pooh wasn't far behind him. 




We had a lunch reservation at "Be Our Guest" Restaurant at 11:30 AM
This was a really hard reservation to get. This restaurant is very popular. 
11:30 is really early for lunch but I took what I could get. I figured it would be noon by the time we got our food anyway, so it was fine. 



I really love this restaurant! Beauty & The Beast is my favorite Disney movie.

I have eaten here one time before, and we had breakfast that time. This time I was looking forward to trying their lunch menu. 


The entrance to the restaurant is pretty neat. 






While we waited for our table, we saw the big stained glass. It looks just like in the movie. 




 

I was SO HAPPY when the hostess seated us in the Grand Ballroom! 
There are 2 other rooms with tables in them, but this room is the best by far! 

Disney is amazing! It really feels like you are in a scene from the movie. Everything is themed so well, right down to the servers outfits. 



We ordered our food, and look who made an appearance??!!!!! 


THE BEAST!!!! 

I don't know why Belle never comes out at this restaurant, but I was very happy to see the Beast!

He walked up and down the center aisles and bowed at everyone...............













Then he got to me! 
I was so excited to see him, and he paid extra special attention to me! 

How fun!!! Whoever was wearing that costume really made my day!! 










It was SOOOO fun!!!!! I was having the time of my life!

Our food came out, and it was all WAY better than I expected. Disney food is usually good, but not excellent. 

I have to admit, this was the best meal I ate the entire time I was there. 
It was all excellent. (except the dinner rolls. I didn't care for them). 
My meal was so good! 

I had the French Onion Soup for an appetizer.

I picked the Filet Mignon with Yukon Potatoes, asparagus, and mushrooms in a red wine sauce. 

All AMAZING. I would definitely order this meal again. 









For dessert I had the trio with a Macaron, a Dark Chocolate Truffle and a Chocolate Tart with the "Grey Stuff" 
It was all very good, and so fun to try the Grey Stuff, just like Belle does in the movie :)
(It's actually just frosting colored grey.) 





That entire lunch, for one person, was $62.00 plus tax and tip. 

YIKES!! 

Disney is VERY expensive. 
It was well worth it for the excellent food and the experience, if you are into that kind of thing. 




We left the restaurant and we decided to ride Buzz LightYear's Space Ranger spin. 
LOL, we had just eaten lunch so we didn't "spin" very much. You get to control how much you spin on this ride. 





Its a cute ride where you sit in a small car and shoot at targets as you go past them. 

I didn't get a great photo of the ride, so here is a Google pic.



Google Image





And here is my score! 
I WIN!!!! 




Back outside, we spotted Buzz entertaining a crowd.




Next we went into "Carousel Of Progress"





This is a neat little show that Walt Disney created himself for the 1964 World's Fair. 
Its a rotating animatronic stage show with 4 stages. The audience sits in theatre style seating, and the theatre seats rotate around the stage, kind of like a carousel. 
Hard to explain, but very neat to see.


This is the first stage. Its set up like a 1900's home. The animatronic man in the chair moves and talks to the audience about what it was like to live back then. He talks about the newest inventions of the time and tells a bit about his life.




The audience rotates around to 3 more stages. One for 1940, one for 1960, and one set in modern times. At each stage, they give a short little 5 minute show about life in that time period. 
Its interesting because there are no humans in this show. It's all robots, or as Disney calls them, "animatronics". 

It's also a nice 20 minutes to sit down and cool off on a hot day! 



Next Lisa and I rode the People Mover. 



This is a fun little ride, and one of my favorites! 
You ride on a little train that is on an elevated track. The PeopleMover takes you on a tour above Tomorrowland. 

Here are the little People Mover trains




And this is the People Mover track


You get a nice breeze riding on the People Mover, and another chance to sit down for about 10 minutes. It's also fun to say People Mover.

It was turning into a very hot afternoon. 
The kind of hot that makes it hard to do anything. 
By this time it was about 2 PM and it was about 90 degrees out. 

We tried to keep going and do as much as we could. The rain was going to come in the next few hours, and it was looking like it was a huge storm coming in.


As we were walking around, we stopped to watch the show in front of the castle. 
It was really fun! Lots of music, singing and dancing




I just LOVED Minnie's Dress! It was her 50th Anniversary dress :) 




Next we walked over to Haunted Mansion. 
This ride is always fun!! 
Its inside this spooky castle..........



Oh MY! Look at all those people waiting for this ride! 
The wait time was 55 minutes, but I used my Dass Pass and we showed up at our appointed time. We were on this ride in 15 minutes. 



For this ride, you ride in little 'Doom Buggies"

Google Image



They take you throughout the castle and show spooky scenes in each room, while playing silly spooky music. 


"Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize" <--- If you have been on this ride, you know that song :) 



Google Image



This is the photo that was taken of us as we rode through the castle. 
Of course I was on my phone trying to take pictures. I should have just put my phone down and enjoyed the ride. I didn't get one single good picture inside that ride! 




We came out of Haunted Mansion just in time to catch the Parade! 






These gals were so daring to dance around on hoverboards! 
I kept thinking they were going to roll over the front of their dresses and do a faceplant, but somehow they didn't..................




We saw Anna and Elsa from Frozen






And this interesting creature who walked around on sticks. She stopped and posed right in front of us. 









It was boiling hot watching the parade in the hot sun. My sister is more into the parades than I am, so I gave up about half way through. 

I walked back about 15-20 feet and sat on a bridge in the shade while she finished watching the parade. 
I had a nice view of Tom Sawyer's Island. 


It was a beautiful afternoon! It was cooler sitting by the water.

See the pretty blue sky? 
It doesn't stay blue like that for long....



It was so hot out that Lisa's phone shut itself off while she was taking pictures of the parade.
She was a little upset about that, but we sat in the shade until her phone cooled down. 

As we were getting up, we saw a Photographer so we took a little photo shoot in front of the river



These next 2 Extra Magic shots are SOOOOO cute!!! 





We headed over to ride the Jungle Cruise. While we were sitting on the bridge, I had used my Dass Pass to get a wait time for this ride. By the time we got over there, it was time to check in. 




This is another boat ride, only this one is outside on a river. 



The gal in front on the microphone, is our Skipper. She's taking us on a 7 minute safari through the jungle. She drives the boat around the river, points out fake animal scenes, and tells really stupid jokes.

Its supposed to be so stupid it's funny, 
and its actually very funny 

Here we are in the boat.



Here is one of the fake animal scenes. 
While the elephant sprays us from his trunk, our Skipper said something like " does that look like water? Because it's not!"
 Only she kind of said "It's Snot!

                                                Veeeery funny! After we just got sprayed :) :) 






After our Jungle Cruise we went to find the Winnie the Pooh Ride.
As we were making our way to each ride, we meandered along and stopped to check out shops or anything that interested us along the way. 

Winnie the Pooh is a cute little ride. 
You ride in a little Honey Pot and go through scenes out of the book. 
















Adorable!!


Next, we walked over to see a little show called Mickey's PhilHarmagic.
  
Uh Oh!!  Look at the sky!! 
It wasn't raining yet, but it was coming and it didn't look good  :( 




The show was a theatre style show. 
It was nice to sit down inside in a comfortable seat for 20 minutes. 

We had to wear 3D glasses

The characters popped out of the screen at us, and at times we felt water misting on us, and air blowing at us. It was a cute little movie. 



Google Image



We left PhilHaemagic and hurried over to ride "It's a small world". 

Now we were trying to get as many rides in as we could before it started raining.


We used my Dass Pass to grab an entry time, and we strolled around, and then sat for awhile and waited for our turn to head to the ride.

                                                                Google image



WOW! Look at all these people waiting to ride!



It's A Small World is another boat ride. (Disney seems to have a lot of boat rides!)
Keep in mind, there are a lot of rides at this park that we didn't go on. Plenty of roller coasters, water rides and much more than just boat rides. I had to stay with the mellow rides.



Here is a pic of what this ride looks like. While you ride around, you see little people from every country around the world dressed in their native clothing. During the entire ride they are playing the song, "Its A Small World After All"

                                                                        Google Image


I'm pretty sure they play it over and over about 100 times while you are on that ride. 
When you get off the boat, it's very hard to get the song out of your head :) 




After It's A Small World, the sky still looked very frightening. 
It still wasn't raining yet so we hopped over to ride Peter Pan's Flight ride.

This is one of my absolute favorite rides! 






You ride in little boats, but they actually fly through the air.





As you fly around in your boat, you look down at scenes from Peter Pan. 



                                                                    Google image



Of course, they play the song, "You Can Fly!" throughout the entire ride, so then you get that song stuck in your head. 


Google image




When we came out of the Peter Pan ride, it was starting to sprinkle. 
It was about 4:30 PM and we decided to head toward the front of the park.

As we got closer to the castle, I snapped a few pics with the gray rain clouds above it







As we walked, we had to stop and get out our ponchos and raincoats. 
It was starting to rain a bit harder.

Of course, we can't leave the park without stopping in the Confectionary on Main Street. 
We stop in there for goodies and sweets every time we come to Magic Kingdom, just before we leave the park. It's like a tradition. 

                                                                            Google image




Oh My! This place smells SO AMAZING!!! 

Everything looks delicious! 
Its hard to not get one of everything! 




And all the Cast Members in their little baker's outfits........

Its all so perfect and clean. 






At this point I was wet from the rain, and the floor in the Confectionary was getting a little slippery. 
I fall A LOT. My balance is terrible now. I didn't want to embarrass myself in front if everyone in the store so I put my phone away and carefully walked around and picked out some goodies to take back to the hotel. 

Here are some Google Images of some of the treats you can get at the Main Street Confectionary:









It's so hard to choose! Everything looks so yummy!!!


Of course they had some treats for the 50th Anniversary Celebration





I bought a sack full of treats to take home to my kids and grand kids. I brought home Mickey rice krispie treats, rock candy, Chip 'n Dale cheesy crackers, Minnie Mouse gummies, 

and I got myself a CUPCAKE to eat when I got back to the resort. 





After we purchased our goodies and treats, we looked outside.


Oh Yikes! It was pouring rain out there! 




We waited around for a while in the doorway but the rain was not letting up. 

We decided to head toward the exit of the park, and then to the monorail. 
We waited around longer getting up the courage to go out in that pouring rain. Main street was flooding and we knew we were going to get our feet soaked. I put my poncho on over my backpack, so I knew my stuff would stay dry. 

Then we made a run for it! 

When I say we "made a run for it", I mean we walked slowly. 
Like I said, I have balance issues so I am definitely not running anywhere, LOL!

So we headed slowly toward the Monorail. Within 30 seconds, my legs below my knees, the part my poncho didn't cover, was soaked. I mean completely drenched. 

When we got to the Monorail entrance, it seemed everyone else had the same idea. 
We ended up standing, and moving VERY slowly on the ramp going up to board the Monorails. 

Oh MAN! While we stood on that ramp, packed like sardines, we were all soaked, AND it was hot. 
It took a good 30-40 minutes just to get to the top of the ramp. Meanwhile, water from the pouring rain outside was running down the ramp like a river. It was up to our ankles the entire time. The water streamed right through our shoes and it just kept coming! It was crazy :) 

We were lucky the Monorails were even still going in such a storm. We were glad we weren't standing outside waiting for the shuttle busses! We were sure those lines were even more backed up than ours. 







We FINALLY got on the Monorail and got a quick ride back to our resort. 

How convenient that we were dropped off at the Great Ceremonial House. It was a short (but wet) walk over to our Fiji building. 
I got straight into a warm shower when we got back. Ahhhh!!! It felt so nice to take that shower and then get into clean dry clothes. 

When we were both cleaned up, we were hungry. 

Since we had already eaten our 'big" meal for the day at Be Our Guest, we were going to do something simpler and cheaper for dinner that night.
.
It was about 6 PM, and we wandered back over to the Great Ceremonial House. We ordered from their quick service restaurant, called Captain Cooks








I ordered Buffalo wings and french fries, As an afterthought I ordered their special Thai Coconut meatballs. I had heard they are very good, and I figured I better try them while I had the chance. 

We took our food to go, and we went back to our room to eat. There weren't any available tables indoors. Because of the rain, everyone had the same idea we did to run in and grab food from Captain Cooks. 





The wings and the fries were very good. I didn't care for the meatballs.
I am glad I tried them though. 
The wings were huge and it was enough food to fill me up. 

After we ate, we laid around and just hung out in our room. The hard rain had let up a bit and it was only a light drizzle. 

At 9 PM I heard the fireworks going off at Magic Kingdom! Every night, rain or shine, they light off a HUGE fireworks show over the castle. We have a great view from across the lake. 

I grabbed my phone and ran (ok, I slowly walked as fast as I could) to find a place outside of our building where I could see the fireworks. Lisa stayed in the room. 

I found a nice spot to stand up against a railing on a bridge just outside our room. 
I had a great view of the fireworks over the lake. I could even rest my elbows on the bridge railing to keep my arms steady while I was taking pictures. Perfect spot! It was only drizzling, so I wasn't getting that wet.

The Polynesian pipes in the music that is playing over at the castle for the fireworks, so we got the whole effect of the show. 

The fireworks were spectacular! 








 
And then.............


OH SHIT!!!! 

Because of my nerve damage, I have no feeling other than pins-and-needles and shooting electrical pains in my hands. I am also losing muscle tone in my hands. As a result, I drop things constantly. 

Sooooo, as I was engrossed in the beautiful fireworks over Magic Kingdom, my phone charger DROPPED out of my hands, and fell right into the lake! 
PLOP!!! 

I heard it hit the water. Oh no! I just bought that charger specifically for this trip, so I could keep my phone charged while we were in the parks. 

WOMP, WOMP. WOMP. 

Now it was in the bottom of the lake. 

It fell into this tiny 3 inch space between the bridge railing, and the dock. It seriously could have landed ANYWHERE but into that tiny 3 inch space of lake. OF COURSE that's exactly where it went. 

I guess I'm lucky I didn't drop my phone at the same time! That would have been disastrous  

After the fireworks, I made my way back to the room and told Lisa about my misfortune :( 


 It really wasn't a big deal. It was replaceable. 

After all, it really WAS a great Magic Kingdom day! (before the rains came!) 

We had ridden 8 rides, we saw 3 shows, we watched a parade, we ate at Be Our Guest, and I got to see the fireworks from right outside my resort room! 


What a fantastic DISNEY day!!! 

I fell asleep on the very comfortable bed thinking about the next day.

We were going to Animal Kingdom Park in the Morning, and a special treat.....

We had tickets to Mickey's Not SO Scary Halloween party for the evening!!! 

Oh my goodness! I couldn't wait to wake up and get started on the next fun day :) 



Day 3 is HERE















No comments:

Post a Comment