Monday, May 21, 2012

Disney World!!! Day Three - Saturday May 12, 2013

You can find DAY 1 HERE
And DAY 2 is HERE

And now onto DAY 3:

This morning we were up early, around 6:30AM. Lisa and I both tried to get back to sleep, but we gave up and by 7:30 I was out at my favorite smoking bench by the lake.

A duck wandered by while I was sitting there. I don't think I had ever been this close to a duck before

We showered and dressed, and around 9 we decided to go to the Pepper Market for the breakfast buffet at our hotel:

They had a very good buffet spread, they had everything! The food was good. They even had Mickey waffles!

After breakfast, we walked into the hotel gift shop to look around. The gift shop was HUGE, and had just about everything you would find in the gift shops in the parks. I checked prices on several items, and the prices in this gift shop were the same as in the parks.

After we browsed around the gift shop, we walked back to our room to change into more comfortable shoes and we headed to the bus stop to catch a bus to the Magic Kingdom.

We were in the MK by 11:30. We went straight to Tomorrowland and rode Space Mountain, one of my all time Disney favorites.

After Space Mountain noticed the Peoplemover and we decided to try it.

We loved the Peoplemover! It took us all over Tomorrowland and showed us different rides and shows, many we didn't even know were there until we rode past on the Peoplemover. And Lisa and I loved saying "peoplemover".

My sis in the Peoplemover:

Things we saw as we rode:

oohhhh! The Castle!!!


Another peoplemover:

The escalators to get on and off the Peoplemover:

After the peoplemover, we saw a show called Carousel Of Progress. We both thought it was a very good show.

 The stage stayed stationary, and the theater seats moved (like on a carousel) to get to the next stage and show you the next scene.

We also rode the Buzz Lightyear ride (I beat my sister's score!) 

We stopped to watch Buzz come out and sign autographs:

Buzz was funny! We were cracking up at him doing his poses:

 And then we stopped for lunch at Cosmic Ray's:

 My lunch was roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. It also came with a coke and chocolate cake for dessert. It was good, but I wasn't able to eat it all. It was a lot of food!

After we ate, we headed into Fantasyland to watch the Mickey Philharmonic Show. It was very good! The shows at Disney are only about 15 to 20 minutes long, so they don't take up your whole day to see them. The lines were never long to get into any show. It's a great way to get off your feet for a few minutes and sit in air-conditioning.

We had fastpasses for the Winnie-the-Pooh ride, but we didn't end up using them.

We also skipped Peter Pan (one of my faves!) because we didn't feel like waiting 40 minutes.

We walked around Fantasyland for a little while, but they are doing construction to build a new bigger Fantasyland, so there wasn't a whole lot to do there.

A giant poster showing the "new" Fantasyland:

We could see the cranes and construction on the other side of the blue wall:

We had a few more stops to make before we left Magic Kingdom for the day. We headed over to Adventureland to visit Tinkerbell's Magic Nook, We wanted to meet the fairies!

It's Tinkerbell!!!

We met one other Fairy and I had my pic taken with both Fairy's, but my pictures with the Fairy's keep posting sideways on this blog. I'm not sure why, but when I figure out how to fix it I'll post them.

I can't get these 2 to post right, so here they are........sideways:

When we were done visiting the Fairys, we walked toward Main Street to do some shopping before we left the Magic Kingdom Park for the last time. We still had other parks to visit, but this was our last time at the Magic Kingdom.

We left the park around 5:30 or 6 and caught the bus back to our hotel. We freshened up and decided what we wanted to do for dinner. We originally had dinner reservations for tonight at Maya Grill, one of the restaurants in our hotel, but we decided to skip our reservation and eat at the Pepper Market again, and then head over to Downtown Disney.

We enjoyed our dinner, we both ordered Beef Fajitas.

After dinner, we took the bus to Downtown Disney and spent some time walking around and shopping.
Downtown Disney was crowded! We kind of expected the crowds, it was Saturday night.

Of course we couldn't pass by Goofy's Candy Company without going in:

And the World of Disney Store was HUGE!!!

This was a giant dragon made of Lego's in the lake:

See those white things in the trees? They were sleeping birds!

Here is a close up of one of the birds. They were real!

We went into the Harley store so I could get Tim a t-shirt.

And we stopped to listen to this all-female band (orchestra??) for a while. They were fabulous!!

A few more stores and shops, a hot pretzel and a cold drink from Wetzel's Pretzels, and we headed back to our hotel for the night.
We were back in our room around 11:30, exhausted from another awesome Disney day.

Day 4 is HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment