Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Neighborhood construction

We have had infiltrators on our block all summer long, and I am SO tired of them being here.

They are cleaning pipes, or something very noisy and they just won't leave!!!

Every weekday morning they come in with their huge dirty loud trucks and they pick a house on our block to annoy for the day. Did I mention these trucks are really loud?

I wasn't thrilled last week when they chose our house to dig at. I had the day off and the pipe guys showed up promptly at 8:30 AM. Between the noisy pipe trucks and my dogs barking at them, I was awake for the day a little earlier than I wanted to be. My dogs obviously don't like pipe guys digging in our yard.

Here is an example of what's going on.

They dig a hole, and LOUDLY vacuum the dirt into their trucks with these NOISY vacuum things:

Why can't they quietly use a shovel to dig? I would rather have a pile of dirt in my yard then have to listen to these loud vacuum trucks all day long.


After digging and vacuuming for HOURS AND HOURS, more pipe guys come over and they peer into the hole. So far all they do is dig holes. I have no idea what they are planning to do with the holes, or when they will be done. Almost every house on the block has a hole with beautiful orange construction fence to go around it.

In case you don't believe me about how loud they are, here is a short clip for your enjoyment:



And when they leave for the night, we are left to enjoy this:



I can not wait till these pipe guys finish with whatever they are doing and leave my neighborhood. I hope they fill in their giant holes before they go....and good riddance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment