Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cruise News - July edition



I can't believe it's been over 8 months since I have posted about my upcoming cruise!

Here is my last post about the cruise planning, from back in November!

I've been a slacker with this blog this year, but the cruise planning has been going strong.

We have only  52 DAYS TO GO!!!

That's about 7 1/2 weeks, and it's coming fast.

I booked this trip over a year ago, so it's very exciting to finally be able to wrap up the planning and get to the actual vacation.

We are leaving August 31st........That's NEXT month!!!!!!!

Almost everything for this trip has been booked and paid for. The final payment date for the cruise was last week, plane tickets have been bought, our hotels for before and after the cruise have been booked.

This week I'm working on booking the ground transportation - the rides we all will need from the airport to the hotel, hotel to cruise ship, and back again. We have several people coming and going on different dates, so I'm trying to get all of our rides coordinated with a car service in Miami. 





Next week Christina and I have one last excursion to book and pay for, horseback riding on the beach in Grand Cayman! The horseback riding is on a different part of the island than where Tim and I spent our beach day last time in Grand Cayman. It should be fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the island. 

We didn't plan that day out very well and our idea of "winging-it" fell a little short of my expectations. I also managed to delete all of my pictures off my camera from that day :(   
Really, I would love a Grand Cayman "do-over", and it looks like I'll get that chance in 63 days. 

Grand Cayman is supposed to be beautiful, and I'm ready for it this time!




A friend of mine that I used to work with and her husband have booked this cruise with some friends of theirs. It looks like there will be 8 of us hanging out together some of the time. On my last cruise(s), Tim and I went by ourselves so it's a little exciting for me that there will be a group of us this time. 


For the last year, I have bought an item or two each week from my list of things I need for the cruise. Things like deodorant, shampoo, sunscreen, etc... just so I wouldn't have to buy everything at once. It worked well for me, and the only thing left on my list to buy are batteries for my travel alarm clock. 


My passport has been renewed in my married name (for $110.00 fee..........YIKES!!) 




So we're almost there!! After 16 months of planning, preparing, list-making, dieting, exercising, booking, and spending...........it's FINALLY just around the corner!









No comments:

Post a Comment