I have been wanting to recover this $5.00 footstool I recently found at a garage sale. I wrote about my find in this post.
Here is the footstool when we first brought it home. The blue color doesn't quite match the earthtones we have going on in our house.
Yeah, the tray part was a little yucky when we brought it home, but a little black paint will fix it right up!
I bought 2 yards of fabric to recover the stool. I picked a light brown earthtone fabric so the stool would fit in with our livingroom color scheme.
Basically, I just layed out the fabric and Tim used his handy staple gun to attach the fabric. For the top of the stool, we folded the fabric under to make a clean edge before we stapled it.
For the actual stool, we wrapped the stool in fabric and stapled to the bottom of the stool. We stapled the top to the inside lip of the storage compartment.
I love the end result!
Here is a close-up of the print on the fabric I used: