Monday, October 8, 2012

A quick trip to Minneapolis

Tim and I just got back yesterday from visiting my mom in Minneapolis. We were only there for about a day and a half, but we wanted to see my mom and celebrate her 80th birthday with her.

My son Allen and his girlfriend Shelah went with us. They don't get away from Kansas City much, so it was nice to take them along for the weekend. We had a pretty full car, since my dog Jack came along too.

It's unbelievable to me that my parents are both 80 years old now. Mom is still going strong! Maybe 80 is the new 60?? I hope I am still as active as my mom is when I turn 80.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY!!!

My mom and my sister Lisa recently moved into a smaller house. I love their new house!
Here is their upstairs livingroom (my mom's living room).


My sis has her own living room downstairs............and I didn't get any pictures of it - sorry!

But here is a shot of their kitchen. My mom is such a good cook! I don't care how old you are, there is NOTHING like your own Mom's cooking...........

Here are a few pics of us as we were getting ready to take my mom out for her birthday dinner:

Allen and Shelah:

 It's also unbelievable to me that my oldest son is already 26 years old. Where is the time going??

Me, mom and Lisa:

Me, Mom and Allen:

Looking at these pictures, I'm pretty sure I need to trim my hair. It's looking a little wispy.

Lisa got a few pics of Tim and I too, but she hasn't sent them to me yet.........I'll post em as soon as I get them.


On Saturday, we all went to the dog park.

The dog park was very close to our friend Beth's house. Hi Beth, if you're reading this! Our weekend went by so fast, we didn't have time to see you, but hopefully next time. That goes for my old school friends Kim and Gail. I never seem to be in Minnesota long enough to arrange a visit with my friends. Hi Kim and  Hi Gail!! 

I have never taken Jack to a dog park before and I was a little worried about how he would do. Jack is a big chicken.........he's afraid of EVERYTHING...........and I'm sure it's because I didn't socialize him properly when he was a baby. Poor Jack.

Well, also Shelties are a little skittish anyway, but Jack is seriously afraid of anything and everything.

He did OK though. I was surprised. He only had a few unsure moments when other (bigger) dogs wanted to check him out. I gently reassured him, and he did fine.



My Jack, walking along the trails in the dog park.



I thought the park was nice. It was HUGE. It was basically a maze of trails through the woods. There were several open areas too where dogs could run and play together.


There were stations around the park where you could grab a poo bag.








My sister's Schnauzers - Simon and Sebastian:


It was hard to get all 3 dogs in one shot...........



Here is Jack when a big huge scary golden colored doggie came up for a sniff. Jack was petrified when strange dogs would come up to him (STRANGER DANGER!!!). He wanted me to pick him up everytime he saw another dog coming our way - he would paw at my thighs trying to get me to pick him up, it was a little funny -  but I didn't indulge him and he did fine. He stood there quietly and let them all get a smell of him. I was so proud of him! Such a brave boy.


Other than the dog park and taking Mom out to dinner for her birthday, we didn't do much. We were only in Minneapolis for the day, and it was really cold so we spent a lot of time inside with Mom.


_______________________________________________

Other news:

I'm still plugging along with my livingroom renovations. I wish I had more time to devote to this project....it's taking FOREVER to get finished. I'll post pics next week.







No comments:

Post a Comment