Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Catching up

So much going on, so I thought I would just write one catch-up post.

Today, Timmy and I are celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary!! I can't believe it's already been 2 years. Where does the time go?



Two years ago RIGHT NOW Tim and I were on a beach in Key West saying our wedding vows.



It's been the best two years, and I have the most awesome husband ever! He is the hardest working person I have ever met, and he never complains. He takes such good care of me. I have everything I need, and almost everything I want. Hmmmm......still waiting on that robot vacuum cleaner I was promised -ahem-

Seriously though, I have found the perfect man for me. Tim and I have been together now for almost 5 years, and I am being completely honest when I say that we have NEVER been in a fight, or even an argument. Never. Not even a little argument. Not even a tiff.
Yes, we disagree from time to time (but not very often), and we just work it out. Sometimes I have to give in, sometimes Timmy does, but we haven't found anything at all that is worth an argument or harsh words.

I owe my perfect life and all of my happiness to my husband Tim. He is amazing, and he has shown me what a perfect marriage looks like. He encourages me to be a better person, a better mom, and a better friend. He has shown me absolute security - something I have had issues with all of my life. Sometimes I am afraid to admit how perfect my life is right now........I'm scared that if I feel too secure and sure of myself, it will all be taken away. I try to remember to be humble and appreciative of what I have. I owe everything to my Timmy. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, SWEETHEART!!! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW!

Now, onto other news in the Bruns House:

Lets see, we sold this



Here is a pic of Tim and the new buyer loading it up to go to it's new home



It was a good stove, worked just fine for 4+ years. I have to admit I was glad to finally sell it (Craigslist $260.00).
Here is the replacement:



WOOHOO!! Look at that beauty!!!


How about that Chicken Nugget setting? LOL


It's a regular oven, AND a convection oven.
Convection means it has an extra fan in the back of the oven. This helps circulate the warm air all around the oven. Cookies and baked goods take 2/3rds of the baking time with the convection setting turned on. It's also good for roasts, pizza, and really anything that is not covered when it is in the oven.
The convection setting is also helpful when I have a full oven (using both racks) so the bottom rack gets cooked just as evenly as the stuff on the top rack.
I seriously LOVE this oven!
Thank you again Sweetheart, You are THE BEST!!!!




 Cookies anyone??
Mmmmm.........you can't go wrong with Tollhouse.



More "other" news:

Our doggies are getting along so well



(Jack needs a bath). These two -partners in crime - are doing so well together. They have become fast friends since Mya came to stay with us. Since the weather is a bit nicer, these two are almost always outside. Jack is so happy to have someone to hang out with that can match his high energy level.

Jack is a big chicken, but he has now figured out that if he barks at something, Mya will come running. Jack is very happy to have "back-up". He is gaining confidence now that Mya is here.


Here is a typical morning around our house when I'm getting ready for work:

Peanut Butter has been to the beauty shop since this pic was taken, she doesn't look like a mop anymore.


Notice how Mya has the prime spot on top of the pillows. She loves that cool breeze. Happy dog.
Here is my first post about Mya, in case you are wondering why we suddenly have 3 dogs.



CRUISE NEWS!!!!

So much has gone on with the cruise planning, that I really need to make a separate post about it.
122 days - and counting down!!!

Plane tix are bought

Pre-cruise hotel - staying in Miami for 2 nights before we sail - booked

1st cruise - This is the cruise with my sister and my kids.  Paid off! All excursions paid! Also, my friend, her husband and a few of their friends booked this cruise! I'm so excited there will be 8 of us on this cruise now.

2nd cruise - This is the cruise with my BFF!! Not quite paid off yet, but working on it. Getting ready to pay a chunk on it this week and my balance will be within 100.00 or so of being paid off. Christina and I have talked about our excursions we want to do in Jamaica and Grand Cayman, and we think we have it figured out now.

Post-cruise hotel - Spending 3 days in Ft Lauderdale with my BFF will be SO NICE!!! We have our resort picked out.........we just need to call and book it.

Other things like passports, miami transportation, etc......are all getting taken care of. It's all so exciting!!

If you want to catch up on the cruise planning, who is going with me, and how long I'll be gone.......you can read all about it here, here, and here.


Lets see...what else has been going on?

Oh, I sold this table:




It's really too big for my kitchen, and a little too modern. We are completely repainting the kitchen and this table doesn't really fit in with the plan. Sad to see it go, it was a nice table.

I got this table back. My BFF had it for almost a year, and asked me if I wanted it back when she bought a new table.
Yes, I did love this table!!!



My new old table is in pieces on my back porch right now. I plan to refinish it soon. I might paint it white, but we'll see. Those knotty pine walls in the pic above will be painted FOR SURE!!! I'm excited to re-do my kitchen, if I could only find the time.

My birthday isn't until May 15th, but my sweet husband already gave me my gift!





OOOHHHHHHH!!! I'm in DIY heaven now!!

All this stuff!!!


There is so much I can do myself now with this handy little tool!
I haven't had a chance to use it yet. It should be much easier for me to handle than Tims giant man-sized tools.
This little thing will sand, grind, drill, etch glass, carve pumpkins, engrave candles, cut materials, polish items,
floor and tile removal, remove old grout, furniture repair, trim work, simple routing projects, wood inlays. I can also use it to clean the BBQ grill, restore furniture, sharpen chain saws and cutting blades, and much more.
I can't wait to get started on a project that will require the use of my new Dremmel!
Last thing, I finally found something to use to hang my necklaces.
For several years, I just had them hanging on nails I hammered in the wall
Not ideal at all, but it worked for a temporary solution.
I took them down a few months ago when we re-arranged the bedroom.
They ended up in a horrible pile that took me about an hour and a half to untangle.

I probably have over 100 necklaces. I make beaded jewelry and I made most of them myself



Timmy found this:

It works so well, I asked him to get me another one!

Maybe I need 2 more, LOL! It's a great solution for my beaded necklaces.


OK, this update post is quite long already. I'll be back ASAP with more posts!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the gorgeous oven! Oh, and now I want a Dremmel!

    ReplyDelete