Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Caribbean Vacation - Getting ready

My awesome 16 day vacation is over!

 I'm so sad it's already over. I sure did have a blast! The whole thing was fun. Since I got back a week ago I have been sorting through my 1800 photos, readjusting to work and home, doing laundry, and wishing I was back on the Victory.

It will be fun to write about my trip and re-live the entire vacation. I'm anxious to get started!

This trip took A LOT of planning. I started planning this vacation over 18 months ago, and there was a lot to do to get everything coordinated perfectly. By the time we were ready to leave, I was exhausted from thinking too much.
The good part was that everything was paid off during the planning stages, and I really didn't need to take a lot of money on the actual vacation. I brought money for souvenirs and for meals I wasn't planning to eat on the ship.

This trip involved:

5 people in my group that traveled with me, and 4 friends that also took the same cruise as we did
2 days in Miami, pre-cruise
10 days on the ship with stops at 5 islands
3 days in Ft Lauderdale, post-cruise

About a year ago, I started collecting things I would need for my trip. Shampoo, shaving cream, Aloe Vera, etc..... as I bought each thing, I put it into a box in my back room. By the time we left, we had several boxes full of vacation "stuff" and I wondered if it would all fit into our suitcases. Most of it did, but a few things that were less important didn't make the final cut.

Here are my boxes of vacation stuff, taken just before I started packing:



And here are a few pics of the stuff that was in them:
On the far right, you can see 2 of the thermal mugs I got on Ebay. I bought 4 of them so each of us could have a different color (mine was red). We kept these full of cold water or whatever we happened to be drinking during the trip. These mugs really came in handy and I was glad we had them.
I also brought a lot of over-the-counter meds. I wasn't sure what would be available if/when we would need it.
Lots of baggies for wet swimsuits and for collecting seashells and sand.



Going with me on the first part of this vacation to Miami and also on the first cruise was my sister Lisa, and my two youngest kids. My son Chris is 24, and my daughter Cody Leigh is 22.

For the second cruise and the Ft Lauderdale resort, my sis and kids went home and my best friend Christina joined me.

The weather on the whole trip was pretty good, considering we were in the Caribbean during peak hurricane season. The trade off for the low low prices EVERYWHERE we went on this trip was totally worth it to me. There was a little rain here and there, mostly on the 2nd cruise, but it didn't bother us too much.

For most of my travels on this trip I used a Travel Agency that is owned by a friend of mine, Reba.
Her agency is called Vacations By Reba, and I have to say she was wonderful in helping me plan out this entire trip. She booked my cruises, and handled all of the price drops for me. She also helped me with our ground transportation and all of the hotels we stayed in.

If you are looking to plan a vacation, big or small, get in touch with Reba! She can help you plan and save money.
You can find her website here:  Vacations By Reba

OK, on to the review!!

HERE is my tour of the Carnival Victory

DAY 1 - TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2 - MIAMI DAY
DAY 3 - BOARDING DAY
DAY 4 - SEA DAY 1
DAY 5 - GRAND TURK DAY
DAY 6 - HALF MOON CAY DAY
DAY 7 - NASSAU DAY
DAY 8 - TURNAROUND DAY
DAY 9 - SEA DAY 2
DAY 10 - JAMAICA DAY
DAY 11 - GRAND CAYMAN DAY
DAY 12 - SEA DAY 3
DAY 13 - DEBARKATION DAY/LAGO MAR DAY 1
DAY 14 - LAGO MAR DAY 2
DAY 15 - LAGO MAR DAY 3
DAY 16 - TRAVEL DAY- HOME































No comments:

Post a Comment