Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Disney World!!! Day 6 - Tuesday May 15, 2012

Looking for the first 5 days of my Disney World  trip review? You can find day's 1-5 HEREHEREHEREHERE, and HERE

DAY 5:

Our Last Day at Disney World, and also my birthday.
I was sad that our Disney vacation was over, but we had a really good time.

We woke up around 7:30 and I went out for my morning smoke. Tied to the outside handle of our hotel room door was an envelope. Inside, Disney had printed my boarding pass for my plane home. WOW! That was so cool of them to do that. I'll say it again (and again!) Disney goes over and above for their guests, and I sure do appreciate it!

Lisa and I took showers and got dressed. Around 9 we walked over to the Pepper Market breakfast buffet. We were getting used to eating this everyday!





After we ate, we went into the gift shop for our last minute items and then back up to our room.

We spent an hour or so packing and watching TV, and at 11:00 we said goodbye to our room and rolled our luggage to the main bus stop by the lobby area.


Bus stop #1:






The guy at the counter took our suitcases and told us he would make sure they got on our correct planes (they did!), and I didn't have to touch my luggage again until I got off the plane in Kansas City. (Thanks again, Disney!)

We still had about 30 minutes before the Magical Express came to take us to the airport, so we wandered around a bit. Squeezing every second out of Disney!

Soon the Magical Express pulled up, and Lisa and I found seats about midway back in the bus.
The driver was quite entertaining, he talked and made us all laugh even though we were all sad to be leaving Disney. At one point he asked if anyone was having a birthday, and of course I raised my hand.

The bus driver led the entire bus to sing Happy Birthday to me!! It was really very sweet, and a nice touch to my Disney vacation.

We arrived at the airport in about 30 minutes. Lisa and I had about an hour to spend together at the airport before we had to head off in different directions. She was Delta and I was Southwest, and our terminals were in opposite directions.

So we sat by the fountain and talked about how much fun we had at Disney. We decided to do this again in a few years - we hadn't even left yet and we were already planning another trip!!

Before long it was time to split up and we said our goodbyes........but not for long.............. I'm traveling to Minnesota TOMORROW to help her pack for her upcoming move.

I had an uneventful flight home, I slept most of the way. I sure needed it, I still haven't caught up on all of my sleep yet.

Thanks for reading my Disney World trip review!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment